Westside Ball Park is hustling and bustling with activity during the baseball and softball seasons. Princeton Youth Softball and Princeton Youth Baseball as well as Princeton Church League, the Bureau County Metro Center Leagues and many others play at Westside Park.
Beginning in the fall of 1947, The Princeton Park District leased the Westside Ball Park from the City of Princeton. It was a 20 year and set to expire on October 31, 1967.
However, in the summer of 1950, the Princeton City Council passed an ordinance directing the sale of Westside Ball Park. A formal notice was published in the Bureau County Republican to accept bids for the purchase of this property. All bids were received and opened at the regular meeting of the City Council on July 3, 1950.
The bid from the Princeton Park District was accepted, who offered to pay $10.00 by a certified check payable to the City of Princeton. There were no other bids to be considered by the City Council.