Bureau County Metro Center
The Bureau County Metro Center is a 50,000 square-foot recreation center with full size gymnasium; 25-yard indoor swimming pool with wading pool and observation balcony; racquetball courts; weight room; cardio-vascular room, elevated running/walking track above the gym; and locker rooms. A 40′ x 80′ multi-purpose room with adjacent kitchen provides the perfect setting for conventions, expositions, meetings, or wedding receptions.
What We Offer
Monday 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
Tuesday 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
Wednesday 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
Thursday 5:30 am – 8:30 pm
Friday 5:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Indoor Pool Schedule
To view specific times for open swim, adult swim and the many other programs occuring daily in the Metro Center Pool, please review our Aquatic Fitness Class & Pool Schedule!
Open Swim Schedule
Monday-Thursday3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday3:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturday 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Sunday 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Adult Swim Schedule
Monday-Friday5:30 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- 10 Treadmills
- 6 Ellipticals
- 5 Recumbant Bikes
- 4 Arc Trainers
- 2 Upright Bikes
- 2 Schwinn Airdyne Bikes
- 1 StairMaster
- 1 Climbmill
- 1 Ascent Trainer
- 1 Concept II Rower
- 1 NordicTrack
- 1 Fluid UBE (Upper Body Water Rower)
- 1 Functional Trainer (Multi Use Weight Lifting Machine)
- 1 Lateral X
- 1 Octane XTOne
- 1 Octane Seated Elliptical
All equipped with Cardio Theater Sound System
Must be 15 years of age or older to use
- 1 Plate Loaded Incline Press
- 1 Plate Loaded Multi Press Machine
- 1 Plate Loaded Advanced Incline
- 16 Strength Training Machines
- Cybex 6 Station Modular Unit
- Dumbells from 2 1/2 lbs to 100 lbs
- Gym can also be used for volleyball
- A Racquetball / Walleyball Court
- 17 Laps to the mile
- 2 Lanes
Track pass available for use of just the walking track, 10 Times for $25 or unlimited use for $30/month
Must be 15 years of age or older to use
- Heated 6-Lane Pool
- 25 yards in length
- Children’s wading pool
Children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult
- 8 Person jacuzzi
- Cedar lined sauna
- Swimming suit required
Must be 18 years of age or older to use
Many non-park district residents or non-members use local recreation services but make no tax or membership contribution to help support the operations. Therefore, it is not equitable for these participants to enjoy the parks, facilities, or services that residents and members are either taxed on or pay a membership fee to maintain and operate.
- Registration Fee- All direct and indirect costs of a program.
- Resident- Anyone within the geographic boundaries of the Princeton Park District.
- Non-Resident- Anyone living outside of the Princeton Park District taxing district.
- Member- Anyone that has a valid membership with the BCMC.
In our publications you will see that most of our programs and classes will list three prices. The first being BCMC member fee, the second being the non-member resident fee and the third being the non-member non-resident fee.
Residency within the Princeton Park District boundaries can be established by providing the following information at registration:
- A form of picture I.D. (drivers license, school I.D., etc.)
- A current tax or utility bill showing your name and address or a valid voter registration card.
Annual memberships allow you access to the entire facility. We no longer charge an extra fee to use the Weight Room. We also offer FREE fitness classes to all Members! Memberships can be purchased in nine different categories as follows:
- Family – Parents and all children to age 24 years old if still claimed as a dependent on the tax return of head of household
- Single-Parent Family – Same as family with only one parent on the membership
- Couple – Two individuals, age 18 years and older, living in the same household
- Adult – Age 18 years and up
- Sr. Citizen – Age 60 years and up
- Sr. Citizen Couple – Two individuals, living in the same household, with at least one of the adults being 60 years of age or older
- College – Full time college student, transcript required (8 hours required)
- Youth – Age 7-18 years
- Corporate – Your corporation can automatically qualify for discounted rates with as few as 5 membership units. Lock into a 1 year low rate. Help promote healthy lifestyles and incorporate cohesiveness to your employees.
For additional membership information, please contact Tammy Lange, Membership Coordinator, at 815-872-0840.
The payment options offered at the Metro Center for annual members are: payment in full (cash, check, VISA, Mastercard, or Discover) or bank draft authorization.
If the Bank Draft authorization is chosen, a voided check is necessary in allowing the Metro Center to draft directly from the member’s checking or savings account on the 25th of each month for 12 months. A $25.00 annual service charge is included in the total amount paid. The basic membership will automatically renew itself unless notification is received to cancel.
For the person who has everything, give them the gift of health. The BCMC offers gift certificates that can be purchased in any amount and can be used for anything we have to offer. This special gift allows the recipient to choose what to do, and when. Available any time of the year at the BCMC front desk.
Questions? Call (815) 872-0840 or Contact Us Here!
The Bureau County Metro Center and Princeton Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items!
Members: FREE, Non-members: $10 + Daily Fees
Members: FREE, Non-members $5 + Daily Fees
Daily admission includes the use of the:
Pool, Sauna/Jacuzzi, Gym, Cardio Room, Track and Weight Room
Children 4 and under are free when they accompany a paying adult.